The “portal” to register to e-file opens MONDAY, September 15, 2014. In order to register you need your attorney id number (this can be found/generated on their website by clicking: “Create Your Attorney Information here.” and you type in your Client Protection Fund Account number, or you can access the “Forgotten CPF#” screen.
In preparation for the launch of e-Filing in Anne Arundel County on October 14, 2014, the BCBA Technology Committee will be offering the following:
Wednesday, October 8, 2014, 4-6 p.m.
UPDATED INFORMATION FROM MDEC (9/12/14):
- If you are experiencing Browser Compatibility issues and/or are directed to a blank page upon accessing the link perform the following:
- Re-visit the Judiciary’s website http://www.mdcourts.gov/mdec/efiling.html
- Access the Step-by Step User Guide. From the user guide access the Portal link at the top of the page.
- Verify your Browser compatibility. Follow steps on page 7 of user guide.
- Create your attorney information for MDEC via Portal.
- If you are unable to edit and update your address once in the application, not finding your CPF number or if you are not seeing your District Court or Circuit Court records/cases perform the following:
- Do not verify or confirm.
- Send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your first and last name, telephone number, Client Protection Fund number if you know it, and the problem you are experiencing.
- No other action is needed from you. The Judiciary will resolve and contact you if the needed.
Note: You may recognize your DC attorney codes but UCS codes will be picked by your name and address. You may also search by Last Name to find your Attorney Code. Already confirmed attorney codes will not display on this screen.
*UCS: Uniform Court System (Circuit Court)